42 jQuery Image Slider Plugins and Tutorials
jQuery image slider plugins have become too very much popular now-a-days and they are found at such a rate that every once in a while we come across one or the other plugins. These plugins are used every once in a while to add up some features to the webpage so the page looks better and more dynamical. jQuery image slider plugins are used mostly on the home page of any website to give a glimpse of what’s inside, this is a perfect and attractive way to attract the viewers to surf the website.
This also helps in increasing the view ability and readiness of the website. This also lures the viewer to see most of the best topics in the website to see even when he is staying on a single page and this glimpse compels him to have a look thus increasing your views in the website.
There are also large varieties of jQuery slider plugins to choose from and the store is never completely full, every now and then you have something new. Also the best thing about them is they are too lightweight (quick reactive), variety of features and also give a complete look package that is can look exactly like what you wanted. And with advancement of time new and advanced transition effects have been introduced in them as well. This post about 42 jQuery Image Slider Plugins and Tutorials also gives you the tutorial about how to use them.
So have a look below to find all you need. We will tutor you to use these plugins and also we will teach you how you can use these plugins efficiently and easily. Also we have a huge variety of 42 jQuery Image Slider Plugins and Tutorials so you won’t need to look more.
Following are some more related articles that you may like to browse through:
- 27 jQuery slideshow and gallery plugins
- 85 Ultimate jQuery Navigation and Menu Plugins for Web Developers
- 50 jQuery Plugins for a Beautiful Website
- 31 New Free Web Development Resources
- 30 Handy jQuery Plugins for Drag And Drop
It’s our pleasure that we have a platform to share our collections with you. We promise you that we will try our best to deliver the best possible resources.
Have a look below and you will be fascinated with the ideas you will be getting just by seeing these jQuery slider plugins.
jQuery Image Slider Plugins
Sliding Image Gallery
The idea behind this plug-in is to display a varying number of images in an attractive and easy to use manner. The inspiration for this plug-in this iTunes album viewer. The SlidingGallery plug-in will take a group of images and turn them into a cyclical gallery of images which the user can click through. One image will be centered on the screen, with two smaller images off to the sides.
The world’s most awesome jQuery Image Slider.
jquery slider/banner image rotator
liJQuery Image Slider is carefully crafted slider/banner image rotator, full of features, easy to install and customize. Whenever you need a full featured slider image rotator or you need a simple ad banner, liJQuery Image slider will do the job with ease!
PrettyPhoto jQuery Lightbox Clone
jQuery lightBox plugin is simple, elegant, unobtrusive, no need extra markup and is used to overlay images on the current page through the power and flexibility of jQuery´s selector.
With TN3 Gallery you can easily create amazing photo galleries and slideshows with slick transition effects, as well as multiple albums, CSS skinning, XML and Flickr support with a host of additional features. No browser plugins required.
jQuery Carousel Evolution
jQuery Carousel Evolution for WordPress is a WordPress plugin that allows you to easily create powerfull carousel slider in a few minutes. You can then integrate it into any page with a single shortcode. It includes a full back-end interface to create and customize your Carousel. It also offers a preview mode to easily try out some settings before pushing them live.
- Up to 9 different styles and positioning
- Control the seize of the carousel, and of the front and back image
- Supports the automatic creation of images shadow (view)
- Supports the automatic creation of images reflection (view)
- Choose to enable to no the next/previous buttons
- Automatically animate the slides and customize the autoplay interval period
- Unlimited number of images supported by the Carousel
- Very easy admin interface to manage all your Carousels
jQuery gallery plugin
I got inspired by myself when I wrote the Editable Select plugin, so I decided to write another one. It’s a gallery plugin that’s a bit different than plugins like Thickbox and Lightbox.
- Choose effect, should the image slide in, or fade in?
- Show fifth image by adding
#ad-image4to the url, this takes precedence over over
- jQuery call returns gallery instances, which enables you to change settings on the fly like the “Change to fade effect” link above
- Keyboard arrows to move back and forth
- Click on the edge of the big image to go to the next/previous
- Images are preloaded, and if the aren’t finished loading when they are supposed to be displayed, a loading image will appear
- Slideshow count down only begins when the image has loaded and is visible
Visit Site : Demo : Download
Coin Slider have lot of features that jqFancyTransitions didn’t have at the beginning. Basically it’s a latest (and improved) version of jqFancyTransitions but with new ‘fancy’ transitions effects.
FancyBox is a tool for displaying images, html content and multi-media in a Mac-style “lightbox” that floats overtop of web page.
- Can display images, HTML elements, SWF movies, Iframes and also Ajax requests
- Customizable through settings and CSS
- Groups related items and adds navigation.
- If the mouse wheel plugin is included in the page then FancyBox will respond to mouse wheel events as well
- Support fancy transitions by using easing plugin
- Adds a nice drop shadow under the zoomed item
JQUERY BANNER ROTATOR / JQUERY SLIDER
This is a jQuery banner rotator plugin featuring multiple transitions. The thumbnails and buttons allow for easy navigation of your banners/ads. The banner rotator is also re-sizable and configurable through the plugin’s parameters.
This project is a labor of love and caffeine — if you feel so inclined, donate to the project and help pay my coffee and Red Bull bills. Thank you so much for your continued support.
AviaSlider – jQuery Slideshow
AviaSlider is a very flexible and easy to use Image slideshow plugin for jQuery with a set of really unique transitions that were nver available before, as well as some basic transitions, so the slider will fit into every project.
Galleriffic is a jQuery plugin that provides a rich, post-back free experience optimized to handle high volumes of photos while conserving bandwidth.
- Smart image preloading after the page is loaded
- Thumbnail navigation (with pagination)
- jQuery.history plugin integration to support bookmark-friendly URLs per-image
- Slideshow (with optional auto-updating url bookmarks)
- Keyboard navigation
- Events that allow for adding your own custom transition effects
- API for controlling the gallery with custom controls
- Support for image captions
- Flexible configuration
Visit Site : Download : Source
A lightweight customizable lightbox plugin for jQuery 1.3+
- Supports photos, grouping, slideshow, ajax, inline, and iframed content.
- Appearance is controlled through CSS so it can be restyled.
- Can be extended with callbacks & event-hooks without altering the source files.
- Completely unobtrusive, options are set in the JS and require no changes to existing HTML.
- Preloads upcoming images in a photo group.
Lightbox Clones Matrix
Comparison of various scripts that display images and other objects in somehow cool CSS popups.
slideViewerPro is a fully customizable jQuery image gallery engine wich allows to create outstanding sliding image galleries for your projects and/or interactive galleries within blog posts.
Estro – jQuery Ken Burns & swipe effect slider
jQuery Panel Gallery Plugin
- No slicing or editing of the images is needed
- It’s just 5K
- Easily configurable
- Reusable on multiple containers
Cycle is a script that supports image presentations to easily display multiple images. This script supports a lot of effects and the cycling of html elements.
- Cycle through elements
- Adjustable animation times
- Generates a navigation bar that also shows the progress
- Works in modern browsers
PikaChoose is a lightweight jQuery Slideshow plugin allowing for easy presentation of photos with carousels and lightboxes! Pikachoose is designed to be easily installed, easy to setup, and well… all around easy, and if you need help, I can install PikaChoose on your website for you. See details on the install page.
jQuery Image Overlay Plugin
The image overlay plugin is a simple jQuery plugin that attempts to present an image with an overlaid title/caption. The overlay drops in on hover, as you can see above.
imgAreaSelect is a jQuery plugin for selecting a rectangular area of an image. It allows web developers to easily implement image cropping functionality, as well as other user interface features, such as photo notes (like those on Flickr).
- Highly configurable
- Customizable with CSS styling
- Handles scaled images
- Keyboard support for moving and resizing the selection
- Supports callback functions
- Provides API functions for easier integration with other application components
- Lightweight — the packed version is less than 8KB
AnythingSlider jQuery Plugin
This new AnythingSlider is an attempt at bringing together the functionality of all of those previous sliders and adding new features. In other words, to create a really “full featured” slider that could be widely useful. This is the first time (on CSS-Tricks) that one of these sliders is an actual plugin as well, which should make implementing it and customizing it much easier.
- Slides are HTML Content (can be anything)
- Next Slide / Previous Slide Arrows
- Navigation tabs are built and added dynamically (any number of slides)
- Optional custom function for formatting navigation text
- Auto-playing (optional feature, can start playing or stopped)
- Each slide has a hashtag (can link directly to specific slides)
Easy Slider 1.7 – Numeric Navigation jQuery Slider
What I am presenting you today is an easySlider update with 2 new features. When going through your feedback I noticed 2 feature suggestions appearing very often:
- numeric navigation (as an alternative to next/previous buttons)
- continuous scroll instead of jumping to the first (or last) slide
3d Rotation Viewer
This example is inspired by a showcase example by Apple of HTML5 technologies. The UIZE implementation works in pretty much all browsers, with no need for HTML5 or CSS3 features. This was an exercise in seeing how easy it would be to create an equivalent experience in UIZE. It was easy, taking less than a day.
Horinaja is a ready-to-use slide-show implementation, utilizing either scriptaculous/prototype or jQuery. A running example above
Horinaja is innovative because it allows you to use a mousewheel for navigation.
When the mouse is outside of the slide-show area, it scrolls. When hovering over the slide-show, the scrolling pauses.
jqFancyTransitions is easy-to-use jQuery plugin for displaying your photos as slideshow with fancy transition effects.
Slides is a slideshow plugin for jQuery that is built with simplicity in mind. Packed with a useful set of features to help novice and advanced developers alike create elegant and user-friendly slideshows.
jQuery Image Slider Tutorials
Making a Flickr-powered Slideshow
Today we will be developing a jQuery plugin that will make it easy to create slideshows, product guides or presentations from your Flickr photo sets. The plugin will be using Flickr’s APIs and YQL to fetch the photos in the sets, after which it will create the markup of the slideshow and listen for events.
Creating a Stylish Coming Soon Page with jQuery
When starting work on a new website idea, the first thing you probably do is to acquire the domain name and set up some sort of a coming soon page (remember those construction site gif animations? Don’t use them!).
Sweet Pages: A jQuery Pagination Solution
Paginating content is a standard choice when dealing with large chunks of data. The implementation usually involves passing the page number to the back-end, where the appropriate data is fetched from the database and returned in some form. A cumbersome process, but it is a necessary evil. Or is it?
Colorful Sliders With jQuery & CSS3
In this tutorial we are using jQuery and the new transformation features brought by CSS3 to create a three dimensional dynamic slider effect. The techniques presented here – for creating sliders, and CSS dynamic resizable bars, can be used together or in part for powering all sorts of jQuery goodness.
Coding a Rotating Image Slideshow w/ CSS3 and jQuery
Today we are going to use jQuery and CSS3 rotations, along with the jQuery rotate plugin, to create a beautiful slideshow. You can use it to spice up your web sites, product pages and other projects with some CSS3 magic.
Parallax Slider with jQuery
Happy New Year! We will kick start 2011 with a vibrant image slider tutorial. We will make use of the parallax principle to move different backgrounds when we slide to an image in order to create some nice perspective. This will give a great depth to the whole slider when it’s in motion.
Automatic Image Slider w/ CSS & jQuery
The most strong and popular web design trend over last couple of years is a sliding horizontal panels also known as Sliders or Carousels. It’s a very effective method to increase the web site usability and engage the user.